To provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the various methods of tube bending. Utilising the Swagelok Hand Tube Bender, each delegate will complete a variety of exercises comprising of 45 degree, 90 degree and 180 degree bends on difference planes using offset calculations. Each delegate will measure then bend tubing to fit out an enclosure internally and externally with tubing runs.
Technicians, maintenance and engineering personnel looking to gain valuable knowledge and experience in the theory and practice of tube bending. The course covers hand tube bending from 1/8" to 1/2" OD (3mm to 12mm OD) plus an additional module is available for the Swagelok Bench Top Tube Bender (BTB) covering tubing sizes up to 1 1/4" OD (30mm OD).
- Understanding tube bending terminology
- Variables - springback, stretch and gain
- Bend layout calculations: measure bend, pre-measure then bend and the Swagelok method (BTB only)
- Overall length calculation to avoid wastage
- The three marks used in tube bending
- Offset bend calculations
- Trouble-shooting - tube bending defects
- Swagelok hand tube bender - practical activities
- Swagelok bench top tube bender - practical activities
Classroom and practical training
Swagelok Certificate of Completion - valid for 3 years
- 50% Practical
- 50% Theory
Times of Training
09.15 - 15.30 (+ BTB Module 16.30)
To download a copy of the course synopsis, click here.
Onsite courses are available. For further details, please contact our Training Division at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1224 759900