To provide delegates with an introduction to the functions and the sealing principles of face seal fittings. Correct procedures for assembly and reassembly are reinforced through the use of hands-on demonstrations and exercises. The course objectives are accomplished through the use of graphic illustrations, video training, product samples and hands-on experience.
Technicians, maintenance and engineering personnel involved in the installation, maintenance, inspection and design of small bore tubing and piping systems.
- Tube preparation and variables
- The Swagelok tube fitting
- The key design elements of face seal fittings
- Considerations when installing the fitting in ultra-high purity systems
- Review of important installation techniques which will extend the life of the fitting and asure leak tight systems
- Trouble-shooting exercises designed to help the student identify the most common installation errors
- OPTECH rig training and trouble-shooting practical exercise
- Identification of VCR gasket types, options and usage
Classroom and training workshop
Swagelok Certification of Completion, plus wallet card - valid for 3 years
- 30% Practical
- 70% Theoretical
Times of Training
To download a copy of the course synopsis, click here.
Onsite and offshore courses are available. For further details, please contact our Training Division at scots.training@Swagelok.com or call +44 (0)1224 759900